Professor James Arvanitakis talks to us about 5 common mistakes that PhD candidates make during their study.
1. PhDs waste too much time in their first year of study.
2. PhDs forget about important administration matters.
3. PhDs don't start planning for their future careers.
4. PhDs cancel meetings with their supervisors.
5. PhDs don't take good notes during their time with supervisors.
Do you agree with these points? What mistakes do you think research students make? Let us know in the comments below!
Professor James Arvanitakis is the Dean of the Graduate Research School. For more information about studying a research degree at Western Sydney University, visit our website: